Jowar is the Indian name for sorghum. It is a gluten free grain and loaded with nutrients. It is highly recommended for diabetes, thyroid or for those who are into gluten free diet. Jowar helps to strengthen the bones hence very good for kids too. It also helps to lower the cholesterol and protect heart health.
- Wash jowar and soak for 6 hours.
- Wash rice and soak separately for 4 hours.
- Also wash dal and methi and soak them for 4 hours.
- Drain water and blend dal, methi seeds, salt and water. Transfer the batter to a large pot.
- Drain water from rice and jowar. Blend them with water unti batter is smooth.
- Transfer this to dal batter. Mix well and adjust the consistency of the batter.
- Set aside for 6-8 hours to ferment.
- Grease dosa pan and pour the batter, spread it in a circular pattern to make a dosa.
- Drizzle little oil towards the edges, cook till crisp and flip & cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Serve hot with sambar.
- Jowar- 10 gms
- Brown rice- 10 gms
- Urad dal- 10 gms
- Methi seeds- ½ tsp
- Oil- 1 tsp
- Salt- as per taste
Energy: 150 kcals
Carbohydrates: 20.58 gms
Proteins: 4.15 gms
Fats: 5.681 gms
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains