Jowar and vegetable porridge
A comforting breakfast option that is filling and tasty. This jowar and vegetable porridge is a delicious and healthy recipe, having the goodness of jowar. Jowar is a healthy millet variety, it contains the highest amount of fiber and iron, it is healthy to include millets in our diet. The addition of vegetables makes it more filling breakfast option. This recipe is gluten free and vegan too.
- Pressure cook the coarsely ground jowar with 2 cups of water and salt for 2 whistles. Keep aside.
- Now heat oil in a deep pan, add asafoetida, mustard seed, cumin seeds and let it crackle.
- Then add curry leaves and green chillies, let it splutter.
- once done add onions & saute till light brown, then add chopped vegetables, pinch of salt and saute for 5 minutes, till the vegetables cooked, and yet crunchy in texture.
- Now add the cooked jawar in vegetables, and some water, or pinch of salt, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Once the porridge reaches to the desired consistency turn off the heat and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Jowar seeds- 30 gms (ground to a coarse mix)
- French beans- 25 gms (finely chopped)
- Carrot- 25 gms (finely chopped)
- Onion- 25 gms (finely chopped)
- Cauliflower- 25 gms (cut into florets)
- Green chillies- 2 (finely chopped)
- Curry leaves- few for seasoning
- Coriander leaves- 3 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Mustard seeds- ½ tsp
- Cumin seeds- ½ tsp
- Asafoetida- 2 pinch
- Oil- 1 tsp
Energy: 211 kcals
Carbohydrates: 32.29 gms
Proteins: 6.56 gms
Fats: 6.41 gms
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains