Jaisalmeri chane is a speciality of Rajasthan, a chana cooked in yoghurt curry. Bengal gram is rich source of sodium , iron, and selenium in addition to small doses of manganese, copper and zinc. A handful of Bengal gram is a very good source of fibre and folic acid. It is the richest source of proteins among the legumes and hence it fuels the body. Methionine present in Bengal gram is required for the proper functioning of the cells. Bengal gram also absorbs more glucose from the body hence very benficial to the diabetic patient. It also aids faecal bulking and helps relieve constipation. It is also contains iron rich proteins and folate which helps in increasing the haemoglobin count.
- In 5 cup of water soak bengal gram overnight.
- Next day drain the Bengal gram and put 6 cups of water and cook it in pressure cooker until done
- Mash the chana slightly.
- In a vessel heat up ghee and oil
- Put cumin seeds in oil and when they crackle mix in the whole garam masala.
- Now mix in hing and chopped green chillies and saute for 3 min.
- Now add yogurt, gram flour and dry spices . Add 1 cup water to it.and mix it.
- Keep stirring the mixture till it boils. Add salt to it.
- Now add the Bengal gram along with the water it was cooked in and mix well
- Cover and cook in slow flame for 7-10 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with cut coriander leaves and onion rings
Green chillies chopped-3 - 4
Garam masala powder-1 tsp
Bengal gram, (kale chane)-1 cup
Yogurt-1 ½ cup
Coriander powder-2 tsp
Chaat masala-2 tsp
Turmeric powder-1 tsp
Red chilli powder-1 tsp
Jeera seeds-1 tsp
Bengal gram flour (besan)-4 tsp
Coriander leaves chopped-1 cup
Pure ghee -1 tbsp
salt to taste
Serving size:1 katori
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains