Healthy oats khichdi
Oats khichdi is an Indian style oats porridge packed with vegetables and yellow moong dal. It’s a fabulous, nutritious, delicious vegetarian meal. Oats khichdi is a wholesome recipe that replaces rice with oats, has lots of veggies for nutrition, and moong dal for protein.
- Wash and soak the dal in water.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker, add cumin seeds, asafoetida and let them splutter for a few seconds.
- Next, add the chopped onions and saute for 2-3 minutes over medium flame.
- Add the soaked dal(not the water), tomato, carrot, spinach and stir to combine. Saute for 3-5 minutes.
- Now, add oats, spices, salt and water. Stir to mix.
- Seal the pressure cooker with a lid. Cook khichdi over low heat for 2-3 whistles.
- Turn off the heat. Let the steam release naturally from the pressure cooker.
- Serve oats khichdi warm with raita.
- Oats- 15 gms
- Yellow moong dal- 15 gms (washed)
- Onions- 25 gms (chopped)
- Tomato- 25 gms (chopped)
- Spinach- 50 gms (chopped)
- Carrot- 25 gms (chopped)
- Cumin seeds- 1 tsp
- Asafoetida- ¼ tsp
- Turmeric powder- ¾ tsp
- Red chilli powder- ½ tsp
- Oil- 1 tsp
- Water- as required
- Salt- as per taste
Energy: 158 kcals
Carbohydrates: 131 gms
Proteins: 13.5 gms
Fats: 7.25 gms
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains