HEALTHY BREAKFAST WITH QUINOA
To make breakfast or a healthy snack with quinoa combine naturally sweet whole fruits such as pear or apple into a recipe that includes ground nuts and seeds or nut butters. This combination provides an adequate dose of appropriate calories, healthy fats, fiber, protein, vitamin and minerals for a balanced breakfast.
Quinoa contain similar amounts of protein as meats and much higher amounts than most other grains. Using quinoa to replace processed flours in baked goods such as cookies, shakes, smoothies result contains much more protein and all amino acids.
Quinoa delivers a heavy dose of fiber, which delays the stomach from emptying, thereby contributing to feelings of satiety and assisting in achieving and maintaining a healthy weight. Additionally, fiber in the diet is beneficial for colon health by preventing constipation. It is also good for diabetics, reduces risks of cardiovascular disease and cholesterol levels.
- Take a bowl put the cooked quinoa, apple, yogurt and skim milk in the bowl.
- Mix the ingredients well.
- Add vanilla essence and salt to taste.
- Keep the mixture in an air tight jar.
- Remove after 1/2 hour, stir the mixture well, if the consistency is too thick add 1 tbsp of skim milk top with sliced apple and walnuts.
- Serve it chilled in breakfast or as a evening snack.
Quinoa – 30 gms (cooked)
Apple – 1 (finely chopped)
Yogurt - 10 gms
Skim milk – 20 ml
Vanilla essence – 2 drops
Walnuts – 5 gms
Pinch of a salt
ENERGY: 101 Kcals.
PROTEINS: 2.35 gms
CARBOHYDRATES: 17.7 gms
FATS: 1.62 gms
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains