Halim Laddoo is a traditional Maharashtrian sweet made with iron-rich garden cress seeds. Other ingredients like jaggery and almonds also add to the iron quotient of these delicious laddoos. In this healthy version, the reduced amount of coconut is used to minimize the intake of saturated fats so as to make it more nutritious.
Dry coconut can also be added to make a new variation.
1. Dry roast the gardencress seeds on a slow fame
2. Heat the ghee in a deep non-stick pan, add the soaked garden cress seeds, jaggery and semolina, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 6 to 7 minutes or till the jaggery melts, while stirring continuously.
3. Add the coconut and almonds and mix well.
4. Transfer the mixture onto a plate and keep aside to cool slightly.
5. Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions and shape each portion into a round ball.
6. Serve or store in an air-tight container.
Gardencress seeds:- 1 tbsp
Grated cocnut:- 2 tsp
Almonds:- 2-3 finely cut
Ghee:- ½ tsp
ENERGY:- 238 Kcal
CARBOHYDRATES:- 26.2 GMS
FATS:- 16.5 GMS
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains