Guacomole is an avocado based dip and salad where the ripe avocado is the main ingredient. Avocado is the most nutritious food and the only fruit that provides a substantial amount of healthy monounsaturated fatty acids (MUFA). They are naturally nutrient-dense food , and contains fibre and it contain nearly 20 vitamins and minerals. They have a very high content of potassium even more than a banana and hence reduce blood pressure. They can even lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels. Avocados are loaded with antioxidants which are incredibly important for eye health. Avocado extract has also shown to inhibit the growth of cancer cells of the prostrate. Moreover avocado is a weight loss friendly food.
- Cut avocados in half and remove the seed. Scoop out avacado and put in a mixing bowl.
- Now mash the avocado and add the chopped onion, cilantro, lime , salt and pepper to the mashed avocado.
- Add half of one chili pepper to the guacamole . You can add more of chili pepper to get your desired degree of hotness.
- Keep the tomatoes separate until ready to serve.
- Cover with plastic wrap the guacamole bowl to prevent oxidation from the air reaching it. Refrigerate until ready.
- Add the chopped tomato and mix the mixture to the guacamole just before serving.
cilantro leaves, finely chopped-2 tbsp
freshly grounded black pepper- a pinch
fresh lime or lemon juice-1 tbsp
serrano chilles, stems and seeds removed, finely chopped-1-2
red onion, minced (about ½cup)- ½
ripe tomato, seeds and pulp removed, chopped-½cup
Serving size: ½ cup
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains