GRILLED CHICKEN SANDWICH MADE WITH IDLI BATTER
Have you ever heard about having a sandwich without using bread, Sounds unbelievable? Here it is, A healthier version of sandwich using idli batter instead of bread, a good option for those who love to eat sandwiches. Idli is nutritious as it is a rich source of carbohydrates, fibres, proteins and B-complex vitamins.I have added chicken and veg stuffing, but you can try out by adding any stuffing of your choice.
For stuffing :
- Boil chicken and shred it.
- Add carrot, capsicum, ginger paste, greenchillies and coriander leaves.
- Add all spices and salt, mix well.
For grilled sandwich :
- Grease the sandwich toaster well and switch it on.
- Pour a ladle of idli batter on the bottom pan.
- Now add a spoon full of stuffing in the center.
- Again top it with idli batter, and spread evenly and cover the stuffing.
- Sprinkle little oil and close the top.
- Once done, open and check if it’s golden brown and crisp on both sides.
- Serve hot with green chutney or tomato chutney.
- You can even make it on toaster but keep it on slow flame.
Idli batter – 1 ½ cup
Chicken – 30gms
Carrot – 20gms (grated)
Capsicum – 20gms (chopped)
Ginger paste – ¼ tsp
Greenchilli – 1 no (cutted finely)
Garam masla – ¼ tsp
Pepper powder – ¼ tsp
Oil – 1 tsp
Coriander leaves – a few (chopped)
Salt – to taste
ENERGY – 235kcals
PROTEIN – 16gms
CARBOHYDRATES : 30.3gms
FATS : 6.8gms
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains