Veg Green Moong Dal and Cabbage Tikki
Moong Dal Tikki is a perfect recipe for this rainy season. This recipe can made healthy by shallow frying it using less oil instead of deep frying it. Moong dal is cooked with some water till just firm but cooked and then drained and mixed with spices and then is shallow fried till crisp and golden. For moms who are searching for perfect evening snacks, this one is a keeper.
1. To begin making Moong Dal Tikki Recipe, soak moong dal for a couple of hours.
2. Boil some water in a saucepan and add moong dal. Boil moong dal for about five minutes on medium heat.
3. Drain water and wash dal with cold water. This avoids the moong dal getting cooked any further. Keep it aside.
4. Take a grinder and add dal, green chillies, coriander and ginger. Grind together to a coarse paste.
5. Take a bowl, add grinded dal mixture, chopped onion, grated cabbage, and mix everything well.
6. Add cumin powder, chaat masala, raw mango powder and salt to taste, mix well. Make flat round tikkies.
7. Heat oil in a non stick shallow fry pan, coat the tikkis with semolina and shallow fry them till golden on one side. Flip and shallow fry on the other.
Serve it with mint chutney.
- Yellow Moong Dal (Split) – 20 gms
- Cabbage – 30 gms
- Green Chillies – 2-3
- Ginger – small piece
- Coriander (Dhania) Leaves - handful (finely chopped)
- Onion – 1 medium size (finely chopped)
- Semolina - 1 tsp (for coating)
- Cumin powder (Jeera) – ½ tsp
- Salt – As taste
- Amchur (Dry Mango Powder) – ¼ tsp
- Chaat Masala Powder – a pinch
- Cooking oil – 1 tsp
ENERGY – 156 Kcal
PROTEIN – 6 gms
CARBOHYDRATES- 20 gms
FATS – 6 gms
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains