This sweet and spicy fruit chaat is basically an Indian fruit salad. It’s certainly not an ordinary fruit salad – it’s unexpected, has a kick to it and is so delicious!
All you need to make fruit chaat: a big bowl of seasonal ripe fruit and chaat dressing. Pour the chaat sauce all over the chopped fruit – that’s it! The fruit chaat is ready to eat.
This spiced fruit salad makes for a delicious appetizer or side dish – it’d be great for your next barbecue or family event.
- For chaat dressing: In a dry pan, add cumin seeds and stir-fry until brown and fragrant then grind.
- Combine all of the ingredients, including the freshly ground cumin into a small pan over medium heat.
- Cook for 25 minutes or until reduced by about half. Stir occasionally.
- Allow the mixture to cool down, strain the liquid through a strainer.
- Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to one week.
- For fruit chaat: Assemble different fruits together in a bowl and sprinkle the fruit with a pinch of salt and pepper and mix well.
- Drizzle 2 tsp of chaat dressing on top of the fruit to taste and mix well.
- Garnish it some pomogrante seeds and enjoy.
- Fresh Fruits – 100 gms chopped or sliced (apples, guava, berries, watermelon, papaya, oranges).
- Salt and Pepper – as per taste.
For chaat dressing:
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Jaggery – 15 gms
- Amchur powder – 1 tsp
- Ginger powder – 1 tsp
- Red chili powder – ¼ tsp
- Black salt – ½ tsp
- Black pepper – ¼ tsp
- Water – 150 ml
- Salt – as per taste
ENERGY: 80 gms
CARBOHYDRATES: 19.8 gms
PROTEINS: 0 gms
FATS: 0 gms
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains