Foxtail millet is called “kangni” in hindi. Millet biryani is so simple to prepare. It is very easy to prepare and tastes delicious and goes perfect with raita. For a nutritious and whole some meal, you can make this anytime for lunch or dinner. Winters are the best time to try this biryani, since they are said to keep the body warm.
- Wash and soak millet in warm water for 1 hour.
- Heat a pan with oil then add all whole spices and saute till they begin to sizzle.
- Add onion and saute till light brown, then add ginger garlic paste and fry till raw aroma goes away.
- Add tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes. Add all vegetables, garam masala powder and mint. Fry for 5 minutes.
- Pour water and add salt as needed. Bring it to a boil.
- Drain of water from millets, add them to the boiling water and cook on a medium to low flame till they are cooked fully. If the biryani still has water, on a high flame just evaporate the water. Off the stove.
- Keep it covered for about 7 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh coriander and serve hot.
- Foxtail millet- 30 gms
- Carrot- 25 gms (chopped)
- Onion- 25 gms (sliced)
- Tomato- 25 gms (chopped)
- Capsicum- 25 gms (cut into cubes)
- French beans- 25 gms (chopped)
- Mint leaves- 1 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Fresh coriander leaves- 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Ginger garlic paste- 1 tsp
- Bay leaves- 2
- Green cardamom- 1
- Black cardamom- 1
- Cloves- 2
- Cinnamon stick- 1
- Star anise- 1 small
- Caraway seeds- ½ tsp
- Cumin seeds- ½ tsp
- Garam masala powder- ¾ tsp
- Water- as required
- Salt- as per taste
- Oil- 1 tsp
Carbohydrates: 25.1 gms
Proteins: 5.65 gms
Fats: 6.324 gms
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains