Fish cutlet - Master the art of making crispy fish cutlet oozing with traditional Indian flavours. Serve with a side of simple onion salad or dips and watch your guests tuck in. Simply sensational!
Fish cutlets is made by mashing the boiled fish pieces along with oats, little boiled and mashed potatoes, spices, shaped into cutlets and shallow fried until golden brown. This recipe can be made quick and it can be prepared well in advance.
Prepare the fish:
In a pan, steam the fish in a strainer with boiled water, ginger, green chilly, garlic paste and cover the pan.
Prepare the base:
- In a blender, mix, poha, egg, garlic-ginger paste,fresh mint leaves, salt, turmeric powder, red chili powde soaked poha, and juice of half lime.
- Add fennel and black pepper powder into blender.
- Add a little water and blend them together.
- Add the steamed fish into the blender and grind them well.
- Transfer them into a bowl and add boil potato for starch. Mix them well. Make cutlets out of it and coat in some rawa.
- Keep it in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Add oil in the pan and fry the cutlets both sides.
- Garnish with mint leaves. Serve hot with simple salad or a dip.
For the fish:
- Fish ( Rawa) – 100 gms
- Ginger garlic and chilli paste – ½ tsp
For the base:
- Oats – 10 gms (powdered)
- Egg – ½ no
- Ginger garlic – ½ tsp
- Turmeric – ¼ tsp
- Red chilli powder – ½ tsp
- Saunf powder- ¼ tsp
- Pepper powder – ¼ tsp
- Potato – 30 gms (boiled and mashed)
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Rice flakes – 5 gms (thin)
- A few leaves of mint
- 1/2 Lemon (juiced)
- to taste salt
- 2tsp of semolina to coat
- ENERGY – 300 Kcals
- PROTEIN - 26 GMS
- CARBOHYDRATES – 33GMS
- FATS- 11.1 GMS
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains