FARRO AND KALE SALAD
Farro (whole wheat) is a great alternative to refined grains and can easily be added to your diet. It is a very nutritious grain loaded with fiber, protein and some essential minerals and vitamins. This salad would be a wonderful hearty for vegetarian option. It is full of tender massaged kale, pomegranate, pine nut, farro and the dressings.
- Take a medium vessel of water to boil. Rinse the soaked farro and add it in the boiling water.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes until gets cooked. Drain and keep aside.
- Take a small bowl and the dressing by whisking all together olive oil, apple cider vinegar, garlic, ginger, honey and 1 pinch of salt and pepper.
- Take a medium bowl add the chopped kale and ½ of the dressing in the bowl, squeeze a lemon and a pinch of salt mix it well until leaves gets soft.
- Add the cooked farro, pine nuts, pomegranate seeds, and remaining ½ of dressing.
- Add seasonings of salt and black pepper as per taste.
- Toss it well so that all the ingredients and dressing get coated with each other.
- Serve on a plate or a platter and enjoy eating.
- Farro (whole wheat) – 30 gms (uncooked)
- Kale – ½ small bunch (chopped)
- Pine nuts – 10 gms (roasted)
- Pomegranate seeds– 30 gms
- Lemon – 1 tsp
- Black pepper & salt – ½ tsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp (olive oil)
- Apple cider vinegar – ½ tbsp
- Garlic – 1 clove minced
- Ginger – ½ tsp grated
- Tahini – ½ tsp
- Honey – ½ tsp
ENERGY: 210.2 Kcals.
PROTEINS: 4.59 gms
CARBOHYDRATES: 15.07 gms
FATS: 15 gms
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains