Egg plant and tomato water soup
A wintery delight. Eggplant seasoned and grilled, combined with tomato water and other seasonings to give you a tasty soup. Topped with coriander leaves and cardamom powder.
Eggplants have several beneficial nutrients and a mild flavor, making them a good addition to a healthy and well-balanced diet. Including eggplant in soup is easy and quick, allowing you to prepare new versions of your favorite recipes.
- Season the eggplant with salt, pepper and olive oil and grill it till the skin has become soft.
- Then cover and allow it to cool so the skin is easy to peel off and discard the skin.
- Mash the eggplant and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the cumin seeds and let them crackle.
- Add the onions and saute on medium heat till soft and translucent.
- Add the garlic, green chillies and the ginger and saute for 1 minute.
- Mix in the coriander powder, cumin powder, red chilli powder and garam masala.
- Add the tomato water.
- Stir well and cook for 3-5 minutes or till boil comes, stirring often to prevent the spice mix from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Add the mashed eggplant into the pan and mix well.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
- And cook for another 10 minutes.
- Using a hand blender, blend the ingredients in to a nice thick soup.
- Cardamom powder, coriander leaves and olive oil.
- Serve hot or cold.
- Eggplant – 1 medium
- Olive oil – 1 tsp
- Onion – 20 gms (finely chopped)
- Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
- Garlic – 1 clove (finely chopped)
- Ginger – ½ inch (grated)
- Green chillies – 1 (chopped)
- Coriander powder – ½ tsp
- Cumin powder – ¼ tsp
- Garam masala – ¼ tsp
- Red chilli powder – ¼ tsp
- Tomato water – 200 ml (To get tomato water blend 1 large tomatoes in 200 ml of water and strain.)
- Green coriander – 1 tsp finely chopped (for garnishing)
- Cardamom powder – 1 pinch
- salt and pepper as per taste.
ENERGY: 140 Kcals.
PROTEINS: 4.42 gms
CARBOHYDRATES: 18.2 gms
FATS: 6 gms
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains