Egg dosa is a delicious protein rich wholesome meal which is an ideal dish especially for breakfast. A healthy and protein rich variation to the regular dosa, it also makes a great after school snack for kids. You can use any leftover dosa batter to make the egg dosa. This dosa can be served with a chutney of your choice but if you are seasoning eggs with a good amount of spices then it can be eaten as it is.
- Soak rice for 5-6 hrs. Mix urad dal, chana dal and methi seeds and soak for 5-6 hrs.
- Grind the dal mixture by gradually adding little oats at a time to form a smooth paste. Transfer into a large bowl and keep aside.
- Grind rice into a smooth batter with little water. Transfer this batter to dal batter and add salt and stir well.
- Cover the batter and keep it in a warm place for 10-12 hrs to ferment.
- In a large bowl beat eggs along with onions, coriander leaves, green chillies, salt and pepper, keep it aside.
- Heat a non- stick pan take a ladle full of batter and pour it in the center of the pan to form a thin dosa.
- Drizzle few drops of oil on the dosa and around the edges of the dosa. Spread ladle full of beaten egg mixture evenly on the dosa. Allow it to cook for few minutes.
- Once the bottom of the dosa gets cooked and turns golden brown in colour, flip it over and cook on the other side for few seconds till the egg is cooked.
- Roll out and take it off the pan and place the egg dosa on a serving plate.
- Serve with mint chutney or sambar.
- Brown rice- 10 gms
- Urad dal- 10 gms
- Chana dal- 1tsp
- Oats- 10 gms
- Onion- 25 gms (finely chopped)
- Coriander leaves- 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Green chillies- 2 (finely chopped)
- Methi seeds- ½ tsp
- Egg whites- 2
- Water- as required
- Oil- ½ tsp
- Black pepper powder- ½ tsp
- Salt- as per taste
Energy: 165 kcals
Carbohydrates: 95.1 gms
Proteins: 8.59 gms
Fats: 7.19 gms
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains