Drumstick dal soup
Try an innovative way of adding drumstick into your soup to make a delicious flavoured appetizer that would blow your mind. Drumstick is known to reduce the blood glucose levels significantly and helps in controlling diabetes. Drumstick is loaded with a number of minerals. They are known for their high calcium and iron content. They can be consumed as such or can be cooked with lentils. Drumstick is known to reduce the blood glucose levels. Regular consumption of drumsticks reduces acne and other skin related problems.
- Wash dal with water thoroughly. In a pressure cooker, mix dal, onion, tomato, garlic and cumin, turmeric powders. Add water also & cook dal for 3 whistles.
- In a small pot, add drumstick pieces and water. Cook until they are tender and cooked.
- Once cooked, scoop out the pulp from the drumstick using a spoon.
- Blend the cooked dal and drumstick pulp in a blender. Strain the liquid through a sieve.
- Add salt and pepper powder to the soup.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot.
- Drumstick- 50 gms (cut into pieces)
- Green moong dal (whole)- 15 gms
- Onion- 25 gms (chopped)
- Tomato- 25 gms (chopped)
- Garlic- 2 cloves
- Fresh coriander leaves- 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Turmeric powder- ½ tsp
- Cumin powder- ½ tsp
- Black pepper powder-1/2 tsp
- Water- as required
Energy: 88 kcals
Carbohydrates: 15.75 gms
Proteins: 5.8 gms
Fats: 0.57 gms
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains