Dalia upma is a savory broken wheat breakfast loaded with fresh vegetables. It is a traditional Indian breakfast recipe, it is very quick and effortless breakfast dish which is high on protein and vegan too. Broken wheat popularly known as dalia is a super food, high in fibre, protein, low glycemic index and has a very low calories, which makes it a perfect diet for people who want to lose weight. The addition of ginger and vegetables gives the upma fresh taste that is simple and yet delicious.
- Dry roast dalia on medium heat & keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker, add asafoetida, mustard seeds, cumin seeds & curry leaves.
- Once it starts crackle add grated ginger, onions and fry for 5 minutes then add carrot and peas and fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Now add water & bring it to boil.
- Add dalia slowly and stir it continuously, stir well and close the lid.
- Pressure cook for 1-2 whistles on low flame.
- Switch off flame, release the pressure, sprinkle lemon juice, mix well and garnish with coriander leaves, serve hot.
- Dalia- 30 gms
- Carrot- 25 gms
- Onion- 50 gms
- Peas- 25 gms
- Green chillies- 2 (slit & finely chopped)
- Curry leaves- 7
- Fresh coriander- 3 tbsp (chopped)
- Ginger- ½ tsp (grated)
- Lemon juice- ¾ tsp
- Mustard seeds- ½ tsp
- Asafoetida- a pinch
- Cumin seeds- ½ tsp
- Oil- 1 tsp
- Water- as required
- Salt- as per taste
Energy: 130 kcals
Carbohydrates: 8.9 gms
Proteins: 9 gms
Fats: 6.45 gms
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains