Dalia and green moong khichdi
Dalia and green moong khichdi is a quick, healthy, one pot meal that is perfect for busy weeknights. Unlike the usual rice-lentil combination, this khichdi is made by using dalia and lentils. This fiber- rich khichdi is also packed with fresh vegetables and is as comforting as it is nutritious. This khichdi is delicious on its own, but you can serve it with the raita or salad.
- Crush together the garlic cloves, cumin seeds and green chillies together and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker and add asafoetida and mustard seeds. Once they start crackle, add the crushed garlic-cumin-chillies paste and the curry leaves.
- Fry for a few seconds and then add onion. Saute for a minute and then add turmeric powder, and ginger. Mix it properly and add all the vegetables.
- Saute for sometimes and then add the dalia and green moong.
- Add water, salt and mix well. Cook it till the cooker releases 2 whistles or till well cooked. Keep a porridge like consistency.
- Garnish with chopped mint, coriander and lime juice. Serve hot.
- Broken wheat- 30 gms (lightly roasted, washed and drained)
- Moong dal- 15 gms (whole- lightly roasted and soaked in water for 30 minutes)
- Onion- 50 gms (finely chopped)
- Garlic cloves- 4
- French beans- 25 gms (finely chopped)
- Carrot- 25 gms (finely chopped)
- Tomato- 25 gms (finely chopped)
- Ginger- ½ tsp (grated)
- Green chillies- 2 (finely chopped)
- Mint leaves- 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Curry leaves- 6-7
- Asafoetida- ¼ tsp
- Cumin seeds- ½ tsp
- Mustard seeds- ¼ tsp
- Turmeric powder- ¼ tsp
- Lemon juice- ½ tsp
- Ghee- 1 tsp
- Water- as required
- Salt- as per taste
Energy: 171 kcals
Carbohydrates: 16.4 gms
Proteins: 12.25 gms
Fats: 6.412 gms
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains