Oats are a rich source of dietary fiber as well as a good source of iron and protein. It’s great to have oats for breakfast as it keeps us feeling full till lunch time.
A simple and quick Indian style oats with lightly seasoned yogurt. This recipe is very easy and is a good and healthy substitute for curd rice. It is a mildly spiced dahi oats dish where oats is mixed with curd and is seasoned with a few spices try this oats with curd “Its healthy”, so easy to make and can be done in minutes.
- Grate the carrot, chop the green chilli and mince fresh ginger and keep it aside.
- Take quick cooking oats in a pan and dry roast the oats in a medium-slow flame till you get a good aroma and the oats slightly change color.
- Remove from heat and transfer the roasted oats to a bowl.
- Heat oil in the same pan. Add mustard seeds and once they start spluttering, carefully add the ginger, green chilli and curry leaves and saute for around 5 seconds on a medium flame.
- Then add the grated carrots and fry for 2 minutes or till they turn slightly soft off the flame.
- Meanwhile, add curd to the oats and mix well.
- Finally add the prepared carrot seasoning to the oats and curd along with salt and stir well.
- Dahi oats is ready to served.
- Quick cooking oats – 30 gms
- Thick curd – 150 gms (1 cup low fat)
- Carrots – 25 gms (grated)
- Oil – ½ tsp
- Ginger – ¼ tsp (minced)
- Green chilli – ½
- Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
- Curry leaves – 3-4
- Salt – as per taste.
ENERGY: 167 Kcals.
PROTEINS: 13.5 gms
CARBOHYDRATES: 243 gms
FATS: 7.9 gms
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains