Citrus quinoa salad
A hearty, healthy salad with quinoa, avocado and oranges. This salad is so refreshing which is really nice during the winter months the citrus brought a sunshine to the salad and made it “sooooo delicious” and the quinoa & avocado makes the salad more “ proteinicious”. If you want to make in advance, keep the dressing quinoa separate until just before serving. You can also serve this salad with chicken or fish.
Combine all ingredients in a jar, screw on lid, and shake vigorously until well combined (or use an immersion blender). Shake again just before using.
For making salad:
- Cook quinoa. Spread cooked quinoa on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Toast quinoa, stirring occasionally and checking frequently, until it begins to crisp and turn golden brown around edges, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Place lettuce in a large salad bowl.
- Add quinoa, oranges, avocado, onions, and dressing and garnish with some pomegranate seeds. Toss well to combine and serve immediately.
- Olive oil – 1 tsp
- Fresh lime juice – 1 tbsp
- Honey – 1 tsp
- Salt – as per taste
- Uncooked quinoa – 30 gms
- Lettuce – 25 gms (chopped)
- Oranges – 1 (peeled and diced)
- Avocado – ½ (pitted, peeled, and diced)
- Onions – 25 gms (chopped)
- Pomegranate seeds – 10 gms (for garnishing)
ENERGY: 39 Kcals.
PROTEINS: 23.5 gms
CARBOHYDRATES: 24.5 gms
FATS: 13.72 gm
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains