Chickpeas are rich source of vitamins, minerals and fiber, chickpeas may offer a variety of health benefits, such as improving digestion, aiding weight management and reducing the risk of several diseases. Additionally, chickpeas are high in protein and make an excellent replacement for meat in vegetarian and vegan diet.
This soothing, comforting and healthy chickpea soup recipe will warm you heart and fill your tummy! It’s a load of love flavored with lots of lime, cilantro and spiced up with chilis. An authentic winter Turkish street food recipe you can’t miss!
- Wash the chickpeas and in a deep pot cook the chickpeas with the water and the whole onion until the chickpeas are soft. Salt the chickpeas when it’s cooked.
- Strain the cooked chickpea, saving the chickpea water and discard the onion.
- In the same pot, over medium heat, add the oil and saute the garlic for a few minutes until nearly golden and add the tomatoes and green chili.
- Stir the tomatoes for a minute until it gets cook a little and then add in the cooked chickpeas, add the reserved water and allow that to simmer for at least 30 minutes. You can also add extra water if you need and adjust the salt to your taste.
- Serve the chickpea soup and top with lemon juice, coriander leaves & black pepper powder & Enjoy…!
- Raw chickpeas – 30 gms
- Onion – 1 small
- Tomatoes – 50 gms chopped
- Garlic – 1 clove
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Black pepper powder – 2 pinch
- Lime juice – 1 tsp
- Green chili – ½ finely hopped
- Coriander leaves – 1 tsp
- Water – 250 ml
- Salt – as per taste.
ENERGY: 182 kcals.
CARBOHYDRATES: 23 gms
PROTEINS: 8.85 gms.
FATS: 5.54 gms
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains