Chickpea salad with veggies
Chickpea salads are the best! Take no time to make and they are so filling and protein-rich. This version is great by its own or in a taco or wrap or just simply as a side dish at a grill party. The mint makes it extremely fresh, the chili makes it perfectly hot, it is crunchy, herby, flavourful and totally healthy. Yes, it’s just insanely good!
Chickpeas makes a very nutritious and healthy diet. It reduces cholesterol, prevents constipation and helps prevent digestive disorders. Chickpeas are rich in protein, potassium, phosphorus, magnesium and calcium. It also has impressive amounts of iron, sodium, selenium and small amounts of copper, zinc and manganese.
- Pressure cook chickpeas until soft (take care they should not turn mushy). Drain the excess water and keep it aside.
- Add oil to a heavy bottom pan, to this add chopped onions and fry until they turn translucent.
- Now add chopped green chilli and chopped tomatoes and carrots, fry till the veggies turn soft. Now add cooked chickpeas, salt, red chilli powder and give the mixture a good stir.
- Turn of the flame and add raw mango pieces, chat masala, lemon juice and toss the mixture 1- 2 times.
- Serve with finely sliced onions and tomatoes along with minced coriander and mint leaves.
- Kabuli Chana (White Chickpeas) – 30 gms (soaked overnight)
- Onion – 1 medium size (chopped)
- Tomato – ½ chopped
- Carrot – ½
- Beetroot – small piece
- Mango (Raw) – ½ cup (chopped)
- Green Chilli - 1 (chopped)
- Red chilli powder – ¼ tsp
- Chaat Masala Powder – ¼ tsp (optional)
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Salt – As per taste
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- Coriander (Dhania) Leaves - few
- Mint Leaves (Pudina) ,minced – few
ENERGY – 175 Kcal
PROTEIN – 7 gms
CARBOHYDRATES – 25 gms
FATS – 6 gms
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains