Chicken pulao with tomato and brown rice
This quick and easy chicken and brown rice pulao is a dish of Indian cuisine. It’s aromatic and mildly flavored with spices. It’s perfect main dish, I have given a healthy touch to this by adding brown rice, instead of white rice. This chicken pulao is an attempt of making the traditional pulao more healthy and nutritious without impacting the taste.
- Cook rice and keep it aside.
- Heat ghee, add 1 tsp of zeera.
- Once it starts crackle, add ginger garlic paste & roast it for 2-3 minutes.
- Then add onion & roast it for 1 minute.
- Now add tomatoes, turmeric powder, salt, garam masala powder and chicken & roast it.
- Cook on slow flame, once chicken is cooked, then add cooked brown rice.
- Mix well with chicken & simmer it for 5 minutes.
- Switch off flame, and serve hot.
- Chicken- 50 gms
- Brown rice- 50 gms
- Tomatoes- 25 gms (chopped)
- Onion- 25 gms (sliced)
- Zeera- 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder- a pinch
- Garam masala powder- ¼ tsp
- Ginger garlic paste- ½ tsp
- Ghee- 1 tsp
- Water- as required
- Salt- as per taste
Energy: 305 kcals
Carbohydrates: 41.62 gms
Proteins: 19.22 gms
Fats: 6.75 gms
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains