CHICKEN LENTIL SOUP
This delicious, hearty chicken and lentil soup made with coriander leaves, cumin and spices is perfect for warming your belly on these cold winter nights. What's more, it's easy to make, cheap and very satisfying.
This soup is easy and delicious! This recipe of healthy chicken & lentils gives protein from the chicken & veggies from the diced tomatoes .
- In a large pot combine lentils, chicken, water and chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil, covered over medium-low heat until chicken is cooked, about 20 minutes.
- Remove the chicken and shred, return to the pot.
- Meanwhile, in a chopper or by hand, mince the onions, spring onions, coriander leaves, garlic, and tomato.
- Add to the lentils with garlic, cumin, oregano and black pepper and cook, covered until the lentils are soft, about 25 more minutes, adding more water as needed if too thick.
- Adjust salt to taste as needed & serve.
- Lentils – 30 gms (green or brown)
- Boneless chicken – 50 gms
- Onion – 25 gms
- Spring onion – 25 gms
- Tomato – 25 gms
- Garlic – 1 cloves
- Coriander leaves – 1 tsp
- Cumin – ½ tsp
- Black pepper powder – 2 pinch
- Oregano – ½ tsp
- Chicken broth – 100 ml
- Water – 250 ml
- Salt – as per taste.
ENERGY: 181 Kcals.
CARBOHYDRATES: 20 gms
PROTEINS: 19.8 gms
FATS: 0.97 gms
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains