Chicken clear soup
There is no better soul food preparation in this world than a beautiful and warm bowl of chicken soup. A common favourite all over the world, Clear Chicken Soup has been used traditionally as a warming dish to comfort the body and soul. Very easy to make, this Continental soup recipe is made with certain basic ingredients from the pantry like chicken meat, spring onions, and a seasoning of salt and black pepper. This is one of the most flavourful and delectable soups and it can be made in less than 30 minutes without any fuss. It can be served for buffets, family gatherings and dinners, as well as kitty parties with interesting appetizers for a wholesome treat. Chicken soups are popular delicacy with ample health benefits. Since the olden times, soups are being used to cure many of the health issues, especially flu.
Chicken soup is excellent for treatment of upper respiratory tract infection and weight loss. It is beneficial for children as they may not like the taste of medicines and syrups, and chicken soup can be both delicious and curative. Every home has its recipe of chicken soup that may range from plain chicken soup to addition of vegetables and herbs.
- Firstly, clean chicken pieces well.
- Then cut onion in lengthwise and carrot in round.
- Finally, chop Garlic and ginger finely.
- Meanwhile, heat a sauce pan with oil over medium heat.
- When the oil heats, add garlic and ginger and give a quick stir until browned.
- Add onion and fry until they become golden.
- Then add carrots, chicken pieces, spring oinions, turmeric powder, pepper powder and salt, saute well for about 2 mins. or until the chicken and carrots are softened.
- Pour 3 cups of water and cook it for about 10 mins or until it is fully cooked over low heat.
- Then remove the chicken pieces, shred into small pieces and then add these shredded chicken pieces to the soup, cook it for another one minute.
- Ladle it in a soup bowl and garnish it with ginger julienne and coriander leaves.
- Squeeze some lemon juice while serving. Enjoy!
- Chicken (boneless) – 75 gms
- Medium sized onion – 1
- Spring onions - 2 tbsp
- Medium sized carrot – 1
- Garlic pods – 1-2
- Ginger – ½ inch
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Water – 1 ½ cup
- Fresh lemon juice - as per your taste
ENERGY – 150gms
PROTEIN – 19 gms
CARBOHYDRATES – 15 gms
FATS – 6 gms
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains