Chicken Barley Soup
Chicken barley soup is a low calorie nutritious soup with health benefits and ideal for weight loss. It also keeps you full while consuming less calories. Chicken which is lean protein is a rich source of protein and has zero carbohydrate. Barley is rich source of manganese and selenium which maintains blood pressure and it is heart healthy.
- Mix wheat flour with half a cup of water and set aside.
- In a deep nonstick pan take seven cups of water, add peppercorns, carrots, celery , onion and chicken and boil on medium heat until the chicken is tender.
- Strain the stock and keep it aside. Shred the chicken and you can discard the vegetables.
- Now heat olive oil on low flame in another deep nonstick pan and add barley to it and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the stock and cook for 30 min. Season with salt and pepper powder and add the chicken and simmer for another 3-4 minutes. Add the wheat flour mixture and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from stove add garnish with parsley and cucumber cubes.
Barley (soaked)- 15grams
Whole wheat flour -1 tsp
Carrots cut in batons- 10gms
Cucumber - 15grams
Onion (sliced) -10gms
Black peppercorns- 4-6
White pepper powder -¼ tbsp
Parsley (chopped)- ½ tbsp
Olive oil ½ teaspoon
Salt to taste
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains