Celery soup is one of the most basic soup recipes. You can combine celery with other vegetables to create a filling bowl of soup that is low in calories, but high in nutrients. You can add veggies of your choice and herbs also. Not all versions of celery soup are low in fat but you can opt for the one made with broth. This soup can help to neutralize the chemical stimulants in our body and boost our immune system.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan.
- Add ginger, garlic, onion and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add chopped celery and cook for 5 minutes.
- Now add vegetable stock.
- Reduce heat and cover it. Let it simmer for 10-15 minutes till the celery is tender.
- Now add salt, black pepper powder, oregano and mix.
- Now add milk, mix and taste for salt.
- Remove from heat and let it cool slightly.
- Puree the mixture and then return to pan to rewarm stirring it till well combined.
- Celery- 75 gms (diced)
- Onion- 25 gms (chopped)
- Garlic- 1 tsp (chopped)
- Ginger- ½ tsp (chopped)
- Vegetable broth- 200 ml
- Skim milk- 50 ml
- Black pepper powder- ¾ tsp
- Oregano- ½ tsp
- Olive oil- 1tsp
- Salt- as per taste
Energy: 155 kcals
Carbohydrates: 15.88 gms
Proteins: 6.82 gms
Fats: 6 gms
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains