Cauliflower pepper fry
Cauliflower pepper fry is a simple everyday recipe that pairs well with rice & roti or can be enjoyed as a snack. A great treat for spice lovers, as the combination of spices gives this dish a flavour kick. This is not a deep fried recipe and so we can call it a healthier version of pepper cauliflower.
- Par boil cauliflower with a pinch of salt and turmeric powder.
- Drain water and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and tempered with asafoetidaa, mustard seeds, urad dal, curry leaves and fennel seeds.
- Once it starts crackle then add crushed garlic and saute well.
- Add onions and saute for 2 minutes, then add par boiled cauliflower florets and mix well.
- Add salt, black pepper powder, red chilli powder and chat masala, mix well.
- Saute on medium flame for 5-7 minutes and switch off flame.
- Garnish with fresh coriander and serve hot.
- Cauliflower- 75 gms (cut into florets)
- Onion- 25 gms (sliced)
- Curry leaves- 6
- Garlic cloves-3
- Turmeric powder- ½ tsp
- Black pepper powder- ½ tsp
- Chat masala powder- ½ tsp
- Red chilli powder- ½ tsp
- Fresh coriander leaves- 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Mustard seeds- ½ tsp
- Fennel seeds- ½ tsp
- Urad dal- 1 tsp
- Asafoetida- a pinch
- Oil- 1 tsp
- Salt- as per taste
Energy: 111 kcals
Carbohydrates: 10.5 gms
Proteins: 1.5 gms
Fats: 5.67 gms
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains