CAULI FRIED RICE
Cauliflower is an extremely healthy vegetable that’s a significant source of nutrients. It has several properites that helps in weight loss, it is low in calories so it can serve as a substitute for high calorie food, such as rice, semolina etc. Cauliflower “Fried Rice” which replaces rice with cauliflower is my favorite low-carb side dish when I’m craving Chinese take-out!
- Remove the core and let the cauliflower dry completely.
- Coarsely chop into florets, then place half of the cauliflower in a food processor and pulse until the cauliflower is small and has the texture of rice or couscous – don't over process or it will get mushy. Set aside and repeat with the remaining cauliflower.
- Beat egg in a small bowl and add salt.
- Heat a large saute pan or wok over medium heat and spray with oil.
- Add the beaten egg and cook, turning a few times until set; set aside.
- Add oil and garlic, ginger saute onions, spring onion whites, peas and carrots about 3 to 4 minutes, or until soft. Raise the heat to medium-high.
- Add the cauliflower "rice" to the saute pan along with soy sauce, chilli sauce. Mix, cover and cook approximately 5 to 6 minutes, stirring frequently, until the cauliflower is slightly crispy on the outside but tender on the inside.
- Add the scrambled egg then remove from heat and mix in spring onion greens.
Cauliflower – 150 gms, rinsed
Egg – 1no
Onion – ½ small, diced fine
Peas – 40gms
Carrot – 40gms
Spring onions – 1- 2 stalks diced, whites and greens separated
Oil – 2 tsp
Garlic - 3 cloves, minced
Ginger paste – 1 tsp
Chilli paste – 1tsp
Soy sauce – 2 tsp
Salt to taste
ENERGY : 305 kcals
PROTEIN : 13 gms
CARBOHYDRATES : 16 gms
FATS: 16.8 gms
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains