Carrot ginger soup
This vegan carrot ginger soup is an easy recipe of a comforting soup made with carrots and spiced with ginger. Juicy and red carrots are in the season and this soup tastes best with them. There is sweet taste in the soup coming from the carrots along with the warmth of ginger. The carrots impart a creamy texture in the soup and there is no need to add any thickening ingredient. The soup itself has a thick consistency.
- Heat oil in a saucepan then add chopped onions.
- Stir and saute till onions soften and turn translucent.
- Add chopped ginger and saute till the raw aroma of ginger goes away.
- Then add chopped carrots for a minute. Then add 1 cup water as required and mix well.
- Cover pan with its lid and simmer on a low flame till carrots are tender and softened.
- Switch off the flame when the carrots are cooked. Keep the pan aside and let the mixture become warm.
- Now add everything in a grinder and add 1 cup water and grind or blend to a smooth puree.
- Put this puree mixture in the same pan, add ½ cup more water and mix very well.
- Keep this pan on stovetop again and cook on low flame for slightly thin consistency, you can add more water.
- Once the soup becomes warm then add black pepper powder and oregano, mix well.
- Switch off flame, garnish with fresh coriander and mint, serve hot.
- Carrots- 100 gms (chopped)
- Onion- 25 gms (chopped)
- Ginger- 1 tbsp (chopped)
- Black pepper powder- ½ tsp
- Oregano- ½ tsp
- Mint- 1 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Coriander leaves- (finely chopped)
- Water- as required
- Oil- 1 tsp
- Salt- as per taste
Energy: 107 kcals
Carbohydrates: 10 gms
Proteins: 3.75 gms
Fats: 5.83 gms
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains