This Cabbage Soup recipe is one of the few recipes that you can sit down and eat as much as you want as often as you want and you can feel great about it! It’s low in calories and it makes the perfect meal at any time of the day
I love this recipe for a few reasons. It’s flavorful, it has minimal calories, it’s so easy to make and it makes great leftovers that reheat well. It’s also a great recipe for sicks days, or recovering from being sick days.
- Heat oil in a utensil and saute onion & garlic for 2 minutes.
- Add cabbage, tomatoes, cook and stir for a minute.
- Add water or stock, bay leaf, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
Variation: I sometimes add one carrot, sliced 1/8-inch thin, along with the cabbage
- Cabbage – 100 g (coarsely chopped)
- Onion – 1 medium size (finely chopped)
- Tomatoes – 1 small
- Garlic – 2 cloves
- Water – 2-3 cups (as per consistency)
- Bay leaf - 1
- Salt – As per taste
- Pepper - to taste
- Oil - 1 tsp
ENERGY – 145 Kcal
PROTEIN – 0
CARBOHYDRATES – 20gms
FATS – 5gms
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains