Buckwheat is actually not a grain; it’s a grain like fruit seeds. Buckwheat is one of the superfoods that we are not eating. It is not only healthy, but tasty too. It’s a great substitute for rice. Eating whole grains is helping us to keep fit and healthy. It is one such super food that we can easily cook. This buckwheat vegetable khichdi is the simplest dish just like any other khichdi and the taste is amazing too. We can also make pulav of buckwheat by adding a lot of veggies of your choice. This khichdi is light for the stomach, yet filling and nourishing. The aroma of this khichdi is irresistible, as it has been cooked with aromatic spices. It is high in fiber, low in glycemic index. The high fiber content of this khichdi keeps stomach full longer.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker, put asafoetida, add peppercorns, cumin seeds, cloves, bay leaves and curry leaves.
- Once whole spices starts crackle, put sliced onions & fry till light brown. add ginger, garlic and green chillies, saute for 5 min.
- Now add all vegetables and saute till becomes little soft.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and garam masala powder.
- Add buckwheat and moong dal together & saute on medium flame for 5 min.
- Now add water, mix well and pressure cook.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with raita or curd.
- Buckwheat- 30gms
- Moong dal- 15 gms
- Carrot- 25 gms (chopped)
- Onion- 25 gms (sliced)
- Cauliflower- 25 gms (chopped)
- French beans- 25 gms (chopped)
- Tomato- 25 gms (chopped)
- Green chillies- 2 (finely chopped)
- Ginger- ½ tsp (crushed)
- Garlic- 1tsp (crushed)
- Fresh coriander- for garnishing
- Black pepper corns- 4-5
- Cumin seeds- 1 tsp
- Curry leaves- 7
- Bay leaves- 3
- Cloves- 2
- Asafoetida- a pinch
- Turmeric powder- ¼ tsp
- Red chilli powder- ¼ tsp
- Garam masala powder- ¼ tsp
- Oil- 1 tsp
- Salt- as per taste
Energy: 254 kcals
Carbohydrates: 38.95 gms
Protein: 10.98 gms
Fats: 6.972 gms
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains