Dosa and idli are the most common breakfast widely prepared in various parts of india. For the preparation of dosa or idli, the batter has to be soaked, ground and allowed to ferment for a day before preparing them. But if you don’t have fermented batter on hand but you still crave for dosas, then this buckwheat dosa is just the right choice for you. This main dish recipe is made with goodness of buckwheat and urad dal. Buckwheat is gluten free and is high in essential nutrients. This instant buckwheat dosa can be prepared in few minutes and can serve as a healthy breakfast/ snack. Consumption of buckwheat aids in digestion, weight loss, stable blood sugar levels.
- Combine the buckwheat and urad dal in a mixer and grind to make a fine powder.
- In a bowl mix buckwheat urad dal powder, rice flour and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in other pan and add mustard seeds. once it starts crackle, add asafoetida and saute it for few seconds, add chopped green chillies and ginger garlic paste & saute for few minutes.
- Now add required amount of water to it & salt.
- Mix well and pour the mixture into the flour powder.
- Add chopped coriander & mix well to get a smooth batter.
- Grease a non-stick pan with few drops of oil and spread a small amount of the batter from the centre.
- Cook from both sides until it turns golden and crisp
- Serve buckwheat dosa immediately with coriander pudina chutney.
- Buckwheat- 20gm
- Urad dal- 15gm
- Brown rice flour- 1tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste-1 tsp
- Green chillies- 2 (finely chopped)
- Coriander leaves- (finely chopped)
- Asafoetida- a pinch
- Mustard seeds-
- Oil- ½ tsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Water- as required.
Energy: 218 kcals
Carbohydrates: 31.38 gms
Protein: 7.29 gms
Fats: 6.37 gms
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains