Dhokla, the most famous gujarati recipe for which everyone craves. People have it any time of their meal. The special quality about this recipe is that it doesnt involve any frying, it is just steamed. Here i have tried to make this recipe more nutritious by replacing the besan with buckwheat.
Buckwheat is a great option instead of wheat or rice because of its high nutritional properties. It is a great anti oxidant, it aids in digestion, helps in weight loss because of its high fibre content. as it is free from gluten, hence it could be a great option for people suffering from gluten sensitivity or celiac disease.
1. Clean and wash the buckwheat in enough water once so that the starch doesnt drains out.
2. Drain the excess water using a strainer.
3. Combine the buckwheat, curd and water (as required) ad mix well and keep it aside for atleast 5-6 hours.
4. Add all the spices to it.
5. Pour the batter in a thali put it in the steamer for about 10 - 12 minutes.
6. Dhoklas are ready, serve it hot wiith mint chutney
Buckwheat - 1 cup
Curd - 1/2 cup
GInger garlic paste - 1 tsp
Green chilli paste - 1/2 tsp
Turmeric - 1/4 tsp
Salt - As per taste
ENERGY - 150 Kcal
PROTEIN - 8 gms
CARBOHDRATES - 40 gms
FATS - 3 gms
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains