This cheela is a traditional Indian fasting recipe which is not only quick and easy to make but also a vegan. Buckwheat is a nutrient packed flour, high in protein and fiber. It is a great antioxidant, controls cholesterol, and provide essential vitamins and minerals. It is low in glycemic index, due to this it is easy to digest and good for diabetes. This recipe is very healthy and nutritious too.
- In a big mixing bowl add buckwheat flour and all ingredients together.
- Add water and make a medium thick smooth batter.
- Heat a non stick tawa and grease it with little oil. Wipe off the extra oil with tissue paper and make the pan smooth.
- Now spread a spoonful of batter and spread it evenly.
- Let it cook till it becomes brown, once cooked flip it over and cook the other side till dark spots appear on the lower surface.
- Serve hot with green chutney.
- Buckwheat flour- 30 gms
- Ginger- ½ inch (grated)
- Green chilli- 1 (finely chopped)
- Cucumber- 25 gms (grated)
- Carrot- 25 gms (grated)
- Onion- 25 gms (finely chopped)
- Fresh coriander- 3 tbsp
- Oil- 1 tsp
- Rock salt- as per taste
Energy: 179 kcals
Carbohydrates: 26.45 gms
Proteins: 5.98 gms
Fats: 6.402 gms
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains