Broccoli belongs to a family of vegetables called cruciferous vegetables and its close relatives include brussel sprouts, cauliflower, and cabbage.
When it comes to great-tasting nutrition, broccoli is an all-star food with many health benefits. Broccoli is a vegetable which is low in calorie but loaded with good amount of nutrients like folic acid, proteins and antioxidants like vitamin C in addition to fiber.
Broccoli sabzi is a simple recipe and gets ready in less then half an hour, so you can make it for your lunch or dinner..
- Heat a pan combine chana dal and urad dal and cumin seeds and dry roast it for 3-4 minutes.
- Transfer it in a jar add little water (medium consistency) and grind it and keep it aside.
- In a nonstick pan heat the oil and roast the remaining cumin seeds and bay leaf then add the chopped onion and roast it for another 5 minutes.
- After the onions get roasted on a mediem low flame put the broccoli, ¼ cup of water cover with lid and cook for ten minutes stir in between.
- When the broccolis are cooked add the grinded paste of chana and urad dal, garam masala and red chili powder also add ½ cup of water and simmer on medium low flme.
- Off the flame transfer it into the dish garnish with some coriander leaves and serve it with chapati or brown rice.
- Broccoli florets – 100 gms
- Black split lentil – 10 gms (urad dal)
- Chana dal – 10 gms
- Onion – 25 gms (chopped)
- Oil – ½ tsp
- Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
- Bayleaf – 1
- Garam masala powder – ¼ tsp
- Red chili powder – ¼ tsp
- Water – 100 ml
- Salt – as per taste.
ENERGY: 146 Kcals
CARBOHYDRATES: 19 gms
PROTEINS: 9.4 gms
FATS: 3.27 gms
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains