Broccoli egg bhurji
Broccoli is a vegetable that is packed essential nutrients, it is high in fiber and has a rich source of vitamin C, A, K, iron and other nutrients. Egg is one such versatile food which can be paired with any vegetables and a delicious recipe can be prepared. Egg bhurji is one such recipe, which is a combination of scrambled eggs and broccoli. Broccoli contains phytonutrients, a compound which lower the risk of developing diabetes, heart disease and certain cancers.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and add finely chopped onions. Saute till onions turns pink.
- Now add chopped garlic and saute till the raw smell of garlic goes away.
- Now add chopped tomatoes and saute till it gets soft and mushy.
- Now add broccoli florets and cook them for 10 minutes, add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, salt and mix everything well.
- Add beaten egg white and mix well.
- Scramble continuously till the eggs are finely minced and mixed well with the onion-tomato-broccoli mixture.
- Garnish with fresh coriander and serve hot.
- Broccoli- 75 gms (florets, chopped into small pieces)
- Egg white- 3
- Onion- 25 gms (finely chopped)
- Tomatoes- 50 gms (finely chopped)
- Garlic cloves- 5 (finely chopped)
- Turmeric powder- ½ tsp
- Red chilli powder- 1 tsp
- Coriander- 3 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Oil- 1 tsp
- Salt- as per taste
Energy: 150 kcals
Carbohydrates: 8 gms
Proteins: 9.25 gms
Fats: 9.285 gms
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains