Besan cheela is an Indian savory tasty pan cake made with gram flour and spices. It is made in almost every household for breakfast and brunch. Cheela is an easy and quick vegetarian snack recipe. Chopped veggies are added to make the cheela more nutritious. You can add veggies of your choice.
- Take besan in a mixing bowl & add all ingredients, except water and oil.
- Now add water and with a wired whisk begin to mix everything. If the batter looks thick then add more water.
- Mix properly and break lumps if any, make a flowing consistency batter.
- Heat flat nonstick pan on medium heat.
- Spread oil on pan, once it heated take a ladle full of batter and pour on the pan.
- Spread batter gently and lightly, so that the cheela does not break.
- Cook on medium flame, till the base gets light golden.
- Flip and cook the other side till gets golden.
- Serve hot with green chutney.
- Besan- 30 gms (1/4 cup)
- Green chillies- 2 (finely chopped)
- Onions- 25 gms (finely chopped)
- Tomato- 25 gms (finely chopped)
- Carrot- 25 gms (finely chopped)
- Coriander leaves- 3 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Ginger- ¼ tsp (finely chopped)
- Garlic- ½ tsp (finely chopped)
- Cumin seeds- ½ tsp
- Red chilli powder- ¼ tsp
- Haldi powder- ¼ tsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Oil- 1tsp
- Water- as required
Energy: 192 kcals
Carbohydrates: 22.35 gms
Proteins: 8.72 gms
Fats: 7.39 gms
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains