Mediterranean barley salad
Mediterranean Barley salad is a Greek styled salad which is tasty and nutritious and at the same time diet friendly. It aids in weight loss. Barley is a rich source of manganese and selenium and it is heart healthy. Cucumber helps you stay hydrated and protects your brain skin and bones. It is also good for the heart.
- Bring broth to a boil in a vessel and add barley, oil, and salt to it. Boil it and then simmer, cover and cook for about 15 minutes cover and cook until tender,.
- Remove from the heat and let it stay, covered, for 5 minutes more and then drain the excess water. Now let it cool.
- Meanwhile, whisk the lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
- Gradually whisk in the oil, starting with a few drops and then adding more, to make a smooth dressing.
- Add cooled barley and the remaining ingredients to the bowl and toss to coat with the dressing and then serve.
Barley (raw) - 3 tbsp
Cucumber, diced - 1/2
Tomato, diced – 1
Chopped olives - 1/4th cup
Chopped flat-leaf parsley - 1 tsp
Vegetable broth/plain water - 1 cup
Oil - ½ tsp
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains