Barley porridge also called as Talbina is a soothing and nutritious porridge. It helps to lower cholesterol, control blood sugar levels and keep you digestive system running smoothly.
Barley porridge contains about a third of the fat found in oats, and is also higher in fibre. This makes barley the better grain if calorie restriction is part of your goal, being both lower in calories plus making your feel fuller due to the fibre content.
This is a very good option for lactating mothers as well, as barley is a rich source of beta glucan which helps to increase breast milk production and also a good option to feed your little ones.
1. Combine barley, milk, dates pulp in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add 1 tsp of honey and Cook, stirring occasionally, until milk has almost been all absorbed. it will take about 15 minutes.
3. Remove the barley from the heat and add it in a bowl. Top with chopped dry fruits, and chopped fresh fruit if desired.
- Pearl Barley – 20gms
- Milk – 150 ml
- Honey – 1 tsp
- Dates pulp – 2 tsp
- Dry fruits (almonds, walnuts, pistachionuts) – 15gms
- Fresh fruits, berries - 2 (optional)
ENERGY – 300 Kcal
PROTEIN – 14gms
CARBOHYDRATES – 35gms
FATS – 5 gms
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains