Bajra raab is the original health drink — nutritious and very easy to digest and also a healthy replacement of drinks.
Raab is a very dilute drink made by cooking bajra (pearl millet) in ghee and mixing it with gond and spices like ginger, flaxseeds and jaggery. All these ingredients are very nourishing foods.
Bajra Raab is nourishing & healing in winters. It is especially recommended for lactating mothers, but due to its nutrient composition and health benefits it can be given to all age groups.
- Heat ghee in nonstick pan and fry gond till crackles.
- Remove in a plate. In same pan, add the bajra flour and dry roast for 1-2 mins till you can start to smell the aroma of roasted bajra.
- Add dry fruits, flax seeds, dry ginger powder and stir well.
- Add jaggery and water. Be careful while adding water as it might sputter.
- Mix well to ensure that there are no lumps.
- Bring to a boil with continuous stirring and then let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- You can add water to adjust the consistency of raab.
- Pour in a bowl and serve hot.
- Bajra: 15 gms
- Mix dryfruits: 5gms (Chopped finely)
- Jaggery: 10gms
- Ghee: 1tsp
- Dry ginger powder: ½ tsp (saunth)
- Water: 1 glass
- ENERGY: 198 Kcals
- PROTEIN: 3.5 gms
- CARBOHYDRATE:25 gms
- FATS:10 gms
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains