Bajra methi khakhra
Bajra methi khakhra recipe is healthy as it is mainly made with bajra flour and methi leaves. Bajra is high in protein and is a complete protein for vegetarians when combined with dal. Fenugreek helps in improving glucose and insulin responses, hence good for diabetics. Fenugreek lso helps to lower the cholesterol levels. Make these in large batches so that you can have them whenever you feel hungry or you have urge to eat something. The addition of sesame seeds improves the iron content of these khakhras.
- Combine all ingredients together except oil in a deep bowl and knead into soft dough by using warm water, keep it aside for 10- 15 minutes.
- Knead again using oil till the dough is smooth.
- Divide dough into equal portions and roll out each portion into a thin by using a little of bajra flour.
- Heat non stick pan and cook it on a slow flame by pressing with cloth till it turns crisp and brown in colour from both the sides.
- Serve immediately or cool and store in an airtight container.
- Bajra flour- 15 gms
- Wheat flour- 15 gms
- Ginger garlic paste- ½ tsp
- Green chilli paste- ½ tsp
- Fenugreek leaves- 30 gms (chopped)
- Sesame seeds- ½ tsp
- Haldi- ¼ tsp
- Oil- 1 tsp
- Salt- as per taste
Energy: 213 kcals
Carbohydrates: 34.2 mgs
Proteins: 6.15 gms
Fats: 6.67 gms
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains