BABA GANOUSH RECIPE
Consuming fruits and vegetables of all kinds has been shown to reduce the risk of lifestyle related health problems.
Eating foods like eggplant can boost overall health and wellbeing. The phenolic compounds in eggplant shows that it contains anthocyanins, a type of flavonoid, and chlorogenic acid, a powerful free-radical scavenger.
Anthocyanins and chlorogenic acid function as antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds and have many health benefits like reducing risk of heart disease & cholesterol.
- Preheat the oven to about 425 degrees. Trim the top of the eggplant and cut them into two.
- Make the slits/cuts on both the half and sprinkle some salt and let it settle for few minutes “to sweat out” its bitterness, then dab dry.
- Place the eggplant halves, flesh side down, on a lightly oiled baking sheet then drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake in 425 degrees heated oven for 30-40 minutes or until the eggplant gets fully soft.
- Remove from the oven & set aside to cool.
- When it has cooled up, scooped the flesh out and discard the skin.
- Transfer the flesh of eggplant in a blender add the yogurt, tahini, garlic, lime juice, salt-pepper & sumac.
- Blend until all the ingredients gets mixed (avoid over blending).
- Transfer the Baba Ganoush in a bowl, spread it properly. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Before serving garnish with 1 tsp olive oil, sumac, roasted peanuts & parsley leaves. And enjoy…!
- (If you want to grill or smoke the eggplant instead of roasting skip step #1 & #2. Instead of that, place the eggplant over a grill pan on high flame. By using tongs turn the eggplant in after every 5 minutes until it gets tender completely. Remove from heat and transfer it in a dish cool and scoop the flesh of eggplant and discard the skin and follow the recipe from step #7 onwards.)
- Eggplant – 100 gms
- Olive oil – 2 tsp
- Yogurt – 15 gms
- Tahini paste – 2 tsp
- Garlic clove – 1 minced
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Black pepper & salt – ½ tsp
- Sumac – ½ tsp
- Pine nuts – 10 gms
- Parsley leaves for garnish
ENERGY: 219.22 Kcals.
PROTEINS: 4.5 gms
CARBOHYDRATES: 16.68 gms
FATS: 19.49 gms
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains