Eating porridge as breakfast is a great way to begin your day, one such porridge recipe that will be a nutritious and filling breakfast is Amaranth Porridge. Made with the tooth-some combination of amaranth, milk and raisin and some fruits and seeds, this easy-to-make recipe is a great dish that will be an instant hit in your household. If you are trying to loose a couple of kgs off the scale, then try this healthy recipe will be a great way to achieve your goal. Serve this dish with a regular cup of green tea or black coffee and relish the phenomenal flavors of your meal.
- To begin, put a pan on medium flame and add amaranth seeds in it. Dry roast the seeds until they get aromatic and starts spluttering.
- Next, take a deep-bottomed pan and add water in it. Transfer the roasted amaranth in the pan and allow the mixture to be cooked for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Pour in milk to the amaranth mixture and let it come to a boil. Allow the mixture to cook for another 9 to 10 minutes while stirring the mixture simultaneously.
- Add honey to the prepared mixture and mix well using a spatula. Top it up with raisins, pumpkin & sunflower seeds and fruits. Serve immediately!
- Amaranth: 30 gms
- Honey: ½ tsp
- Skim milk: 1 cup
- Water: ½ cup
- Black raisins: 1 tsp for topping
- Apple: 25 gms for topping
- Pumpkin seeds: 1 tsp
- Sunflower seeds: 1 tsp
Energy: 200 Kcals
Carbohydrates: 34.35 gms
Proteins: 3.3 gms
Fats: 3.56 gms
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains