Health Tip Details
THE MIRACLE WHEATGRASS
Wheatgrass is the young, edible grass of the common wheat plant called triticum aestivum. Wheatgrass is available in many forms. It is either juiced into a ‘wheatgrass shot’ or milled down into a fine green powder that’s used to create a multipurpose product for both humans and animals.
It is sold over the counter in the form of juice, powder, capsules, pills and tablets.
Wheatgrass is packed with nutrients and some experts claim that wheatgrass contains over 100 different elements needed by man. One of the most important nutrients in wheatgrass is chlorophyll.
Chlorophyll gives wheatgrass its bright green colour. It has a host of benefits. It is a natural liver cleanser and detoxifier. It acts like an antioxidant and is a blood strengthener. But chlorophyll is not the only thing that wheatgrass has to offer.
Wheatgrass is rich in the following nutrients:
- Antioxidants like phenolic acid and flavonoids
- Electrolytes including calcium and magnesium
- Vitamin A
- Amino Acids
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin E
Wheatgrass is truly a miraculous herb. Studies based on its properties have shown that the health benefits are huge and they are:
- It helps boost metabolism
- It is rich in chlorophyll which has a host of benefits
- It establishes an alkaline and highly oxygenated environment in the body
- It helps in balancing hormones and restoring fertility.
- It also helps in rebuilding and strengthening blood.
- It acts as an antibacterial and detoxifies the body.
- It purifies the liver and also helps in blood sugar regulation
- It helps in rebuilding damaged tissues and works as an antiseptic.
- It helps to prevent tooth decay and can be used for sore throat pain.
- It improves digestion and reduces inflammation.
- Wheatgrass also helps in fighting skin conditions such as psoriasis and eczema
- Since it is rich in vitamin A, it helps in improving night time vision.
- It helps in boosting the immune system.
- It helps improve sleep patterns
- It improves overall mental well-being
Out of all the above listed benefits, these are the 4 most prominent ones:
- Lowering free radical damage: Wheatgrass has strong antioxidant capabilities and can lower free radical damage that causes aging and contribute to disease formation. This in turn lowers the risk of diseases like cancer, liver disease and heart disease.
- Raising immunity and cancer protection: Wheatgrass shows anti-cancer potential by the mechanism of inducing apoptosis(self-destruction of cancerous cells ). Hence wheatgrass can be used for patients with cancer as well as for people to prevent cancer.
- Lowering high triglycerides and cholesterol: Studies conducted on wheatgrass state that it can help lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels along with increases in inflammation and oxidative stress.
- Alkalizing the body and boosting nutrient absorption: If you want to prevent cancer and other chronic diseases from flourishing in your body as you get older then creating an alkaline environment inside your body is essential.
Wheatgrass provides vital alkalizing benefits to the body along with increasing absorption of nutrients like electrolytes, vitamin C and Vitamin E.
So, everyone who is reading this blog I would suggest you that whatever stage you are in right now, including wheatgrass will only benefit you!
Thank me later and keep reading my blogs to know more..!
Most Popular Tips
EAT RIGHT, STAY FIT AND LOSE WEIGHT DURING RA..
06 May 2019
THE WONDER FOOD: CHIA SEEDS
19 Jun 2018
Triphala – An Ayurvedic Miracle
07 Jun 2018
Health Tip Categories
Related Health Tips
WHY DATES ARE GOOD FOR YO..
WHY ARE DATES GOOD FOR YOU ? Date is a delicious fruit with a sweet taste and a fleshy mouthfeel. They have natural sugars and fiber, with high concentrations of potassium and v..
Fruits or Fruit Juices.. ..
It’s pretty easy to gulp a glass of fruit juice, isn’t it? But have you ever thought about how many pieces of fruit it takes to make the average fruit juice? Juice is pretty easy to drink ..