Health Tip Details
Diet and Fitness
EAT RIGHT, STAY FIT AND LOSE WEIGHT DURING RAMADHAN
Ramadhan, the ninth month in the Muslim calendar, is considered the most blessed and holy month for the Muslim community. Muslims worldwide fast from dawn to sunset, abstaining totally from food, drink, smoking and other sensual pleasures.
Fasting during Ramadhan can cause weight gain in some people, and if you happen to be one of them, controlling your food intake in the evenings and choosing food wisely can help you prevent the undesirable weight gain.
The month of Ramadhan is a great opportunity to focus on bringing back a balanced and healthy lifestyle in your life. Through fasting you begin to learn how to manage your eating habits, how to improve self-control and discipline. The fasts of Ramadhan can improve a person’s health, but if the correct diet is not followed – can possibly worsen it.
As the Ramadhan fast only extends from dawn till dusks, there is ample opportunity to replenish energy between Suhoor and Iftar meals. To fully benefit from fasting, a person should have balanced diet and adequate fluid intake between fasts.
With the holy month of Ramadhan just a day away, you and your family are sure to be prepared for a warm welcome to this lovely blessed month of happiness. This year, Ramadhan falls closer to the summer, which means that fasting hours become longer, we encourage you to participate in those that will ensure you get good nutrition and stay healthy, so to help you follow all right habits, we have prepared a list of tips and diet plan, which allows you to maintain weight or even lose your weight during Ramadhan which is totally achievable.
REASONS FOR WEIGHT GAIN DURING RAMADHAN :
- Eating continuously, between iftar and suhoor.
- Consuming large portions of food, eating fried, high fat and calorie- dense food, like bhajiyas, samosas, wadas, pastries etc.
- Iftar parties or inviting friends and relatives for iftar may push you to reach the large varieties and quantities of mouthwatering delicacies.
- High sugar intake in form of readymade sherbets, faloodas, aerated beverages etc.
- Consuming more amounts of processed foods.
- Increased intake of tea and coffee.
HEALTHY TIPS :
- Moderation is the key when it comes to eating. Enjoy Ramadhan treats but try to control the portion size.
- Limit your iftar to 1-2 variety per day.
- Have a light iftar that includes reasonable food portions.
- Chew your food slowly to avoid indigestion.
- Have soups and salads first as these are low in calories and make you feel full.
- Drink atleast 8-10 glasses of water, but slowly and little at a time so you won’t feel bloated.
- Choose low fat dairy products and lean pieces of meat.
- Replace dessert with fruit salads or fresh fruit.
- Avoid deep frying recipes, instead use baking, roasting, steaming or grilling.
- Enhance the flavors by using fresh herbs and spices which will add taste without adding calories.
- Avoid heavily processed foods, refined cereals like maida and bakery products.
- Restrict tea and coffee to 1-2 cups per day.
- Include complex carbohydrates like barley, wheat, semolina, beans, lentils in your meals.
- Include fiber rich foods like fruits, vegetables, whole grains etc.
- Include half an hour walk everyday in your daily routine.
- Avoid strenuous exercise during the fast.
- Include moderate exercise after iftar.
- 8 hours of sound sleep.
DIET PLAN DURING RAMADHAN:
Suhoor, the predawn meal, should be a wholesome moderate meal, i.e filling and provides enough energy for many hours.
Iftar, is the meal which breaks the day’s fast. The meal should include dates, whole fruits etc.
So, all you guys who are reading this blog, “Ramadhan Mubarak”!! Stay healthy and contact us if you have any queries.
Most Popular Tips
WEIGHT-LOSS!! A simple diet plan to get you s..
19 Jun 2018
Triphala – An Ayurvedic Miracle
07 Jun 2018
10 TIPS TO LOSE WEIGHT EASILY!
08 Jun 2018
Health Tip Categories
Related Health Tips
Diet and Fitness
Hindu Fasting Diet—So t..
Fried foods, sweets and other unhealthy and weight-gaining foods become our comfort foods during fasting and festivities. This leads to weight gain and also other health issues. So, in this article I ..
Diet and Fitness
MAINTAINING YOUR WEIGHT-L..
A very commonly asked question to me is how to maintain the weight-loss? Like a lot of patients complain that after any diet programs they have followed the weight comes back. Having lost 10 kgs mysel..