Health Tip Details
BENEFITS OF APPLE CIDER VINEGAR
I am sure everyone must have heard about Apple Cider Vinegar. Most of the people who come to me for diet planning have tried apple cider vinegar or have queries regarding it. The queries range from, “Does it help in weight loss?” to “What is Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV)?”
Apple Cider Vinegar is made from apple cider that has undergone fermentation to form health promoting probiotics and enzymes. It has less sugar and fewer calories than apple cider or apple juice.
It takes about 1-2 tablespoons of ACV to take advantage of its health benefits. The 5 most important benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar are:
- It regulates blood sugar levels: One of the studies showed that the blood sugar levels decreased by almost 30 percent after consumption of bread.
- Enhances Weight Loss: Yes! It does enhance weight loss. One of the studies that were conducted showed approximately 2 kgs of weight-loss in 12 weeks without any modification in lifestyle. However, having only ACV does not help much if you do not follow a balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle!
- Lowers cholesterol and reduces blood pressure: An animal study showed that supplementing rats with ACV was able to reduce bad cholesterol. Also, giving rats acetic acid which the main component in vinegar resulted in reduced levels of blood pressure.
- Improves skin health: A study showed that ACV application on acne scars for a couple of months led to improvements in the texture, pigmentation and overall appearance of skin. It also helped to lighten scars.
- Relieves symptoms of acidity: Studies show that ACV provides relief from acid reflux symptoms by introducing more acid into the digestive tract to prevent acid backflow.
HOW TO USE:
Be sure to always dilute apple cider vinegar in water instead of drinking it straight to prevent negative side effects. You should also start with a low dose and work your way up to assess your tolerance.
While there are a wide range of apple cider vinegar uses, it shouldn’t be viewed as a quick fix or cure when it comes to your health. Instead, it should be paired with a nutritious diet and healthy lifestyle to really see results.
I have already shared the on-rising drink made of apple cider vinegar for weight loss! Apple cider vinegar can be diluted and used as a skin toner, bug spray, hair-rinse(helps in dandruff removal and shiny hair), natural deodorant(apply little in under-arms to rid yourself of body odour), teeth whitener, etc.
So, keeping a bottle of ACV at home is always going to be beneficial.
Keep reading my blogs and any feedback is always welcome!!!
Related Health Tips
Watermelon seeds - A Nutr..
“Oh my god! You ate the watermelon seed? Now, a tree will grow in your stomach!!” Did someone ever tell you this when you were a child? I have heard this quite a few times when I was a kid..
DOES MY NATURAL DIET CONS..
Multi-vitamins, vitamin supplements, vitamin deficiencies, etc. are very commonly used in today’s times. My patients are often asking me if they are getting enough vitamins from their diet. So, ..